Busabout is committed to providing eco-friendly transport services to provide a better environment for you and your family. We will endeavour at all times to manage the services operated by the company in such a manner that will preserve the environment.
- Work in partnership with Transport for New South Wales in planning services and incorporating regular community and passenger consultation into service planning and review.
- Develop and maintain the bus network in a manner that is consistent with having the least adverse impact to the environment.
- Aim to comply with all environmental legislative requirements.
- Consider the environment in all strategic business decisions at all levels across the region, including:
- Using appropriate environmental management practices in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of vehicles and plant, and
- Working pro-actively to prevent polluting incidents, reduce environmental emissions and optimise the energy efficiency of all operations.
- Maintain NSW Clean Fleet Accreditation
- Monitor, review, and record the region’s environmental performance.
Statement of Intent
To achieve Busabout’s environmental objectives, the company will look at the following areas:
- Service Planning – monitor routes and patronage levels.
- Fleet and depot management:
- Procurement – purchase buses that achieve the maximum performance with the least environmental impact.
- Depot Management – manage pollutants at all times, install systems for collecting waste, and ensure the disposal of this waste is ecofriendly.
- On-road Operations – maintain vehicles to ensure maximum performance with least emissions.
- Staff Training – train drivers on eco-driving techniques, including maximum idling of 5 minutes.
- Maintain a system of records to report against the following:
- Fuel consumption
- Overall fleet profile
- Driver training
- Patronage growth
Busabout will review and evaluate this policy when required, with respect to changes in legislation or operations, and at least annually.